Ground rules when meeting in a session
During the sessions:
When logging on to Zoom, use your first and last name
- If you have a question, please select the raise hand function
- If you need to leave the computer momentarily, set your status to ”Away”
- To help keep background noise to a minimum, make sure you mute your microphone when you are not speaking.
- Be mindful of background noise
When your microphone is not muted, avoid activities that could create additional noise, such as shuffling papers.
- Position your camera properly. Your camera should always be ON.
If you choose to use a web camera, be sure it is in a stable position and focused at eye level, if possible. Doing so helps create a more direct sense of engagement with other participants.
- Limit distractions
You can make it easier to focus on the meeting by turning off notifications and closing any running apps. The chat function will only be available for relevant statements or questions
- Avoid multi-tasking
You'll retain the discussion better by refraining from replying to emails or text messages during the meeting.
- Respect your teacher and your classmates at all times